Thursday, November 21, 2013

Native American Music

We have been studying Aerophones in class. We know that an aerophone is any instrument that uses air to produce a sound or tone. That means that a Native American flute is an Aerophone. Since it is made of wood, it is a Woodwind.

Here are some links to learn more about Native Americans, their music, and culture:

-Kids History - Famous Native Americans

-R Carlos Nakai - Official Website
 
-National Geographic - Native American Video

-Aerophones - Woodwind Instruments

-Wikipedia - Native American Flutes and Songs

-Making a Flute - Video

-Discovery Education - Hopi Butterfly Dance 

-Inkpataya - SongFile - Sing Along (3rd Grade Textbook)
Lakota:  Inkpataya nawazin, naya sine cicoze. Maya, Maya, laciya ku wa na.
English: Up the creek I stand and wave,  see I am alone. Come here, Come here, quickly to me.


Thank you to all the people who have made these websites and videos so that we may use them in our Music Room to learn more about our world and other cultures!
We Love Music!

11 comments:

nyla said...

cool

Diuto said...

Well, I think that the Native American culture is very interesting.

elijah said...

I think that the video of the the making a wooden floote i thought that was pretty interesting. I would probaly like to try that one day.

victoria nevarez said...

i love music with out music were nothing with music peaple can make a carre and get money we all NEED music!

Bri Doty said...

That was realy good.

Shelby said...

This is very interesting. Ecspecally the making the flute video.

Ayanna said...

This is really cool I like learning about the native american culture. I love music and this is another reason why I do Mrs.Taylor you are helping me with my dream. thank you.

Sara .T. said...

I Love The Native American's Music and Coulture!

Phoenix Rashash said...

A flute sounds like the wind whisling. It is so suthing.

jesseleigh said...

this was very intertesting even though i wasn't here monday and i learned alot

jahanie said...

he is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!